Weighing the Pros and Cons of Using Ceramic Glass
Interested in getting a ceramic glass cooktop? With technological progress, ceramic and glass stoves have become a favorite to homeowners. There are a lot of advantages when using this type of cooktop. Before anything else, it’s important to weigh in the pros and the cons of using it.
Pros Of Using A Ceramic Glass Smooth Tops
- The Ceramic Glass Cooktop is very easy to clean. If you always have messy meals every day, then you’ll find it relieving to use this. The cooktop doesn’t take much effort to clean.
- There is enough counter space since the surface is flat. You can use it as extra counter space when you’re not cooking.
- It looks classy and modern. This is perfect when you want a very sleek looking cooktop in your kitchen.
Cons Of Using A Ceramic Glass Smooth Tops
- You need specialty cleaning products When cleaning the cooktop. This is so that you won’t damage the surface.
- The surface is very delicate and might crack when a pan hits it too hard. A huge downside is it can cost a bit when replacing this type of cooktop.
- If turned on, the heat isn’t as visible and may give burns to anyone touching the surface.
- You need to cook with special cookware. This is because regular pans might stick to the surface and may even discolor it. You need to make sure that the cookware you use will not damage the cooktop.
Generally, a ceramic glass cooktop is very safe. You need to know when not to touch the hot surface since it will cool down fast enough after use. Even if they are expensive to replace, it is cheaper to buy a new one.
Please consider the type of glass when selecting your cooktop. You may also contact your glass consultant and get an advice on which type of glass is suitable for your cookware.