Clean Cloudy Glass with a Homemade Glass Cleaners
Cloudy glass windows are a common problem in most homes. This is because of how often water and other liquids come into contact with the surface, which causes it to become dirty over time. And so, homeowners need to learn how to clean the cloudy glass properly not to cause any damage to it.
There are many ways that you can tackle this issue. You can even buy a glass cleaner and wipe it on your glass windows or doors. But they can be expensive. So, before going to the hardware store to purchase a ready-made glass cleaner, head on to your kitchen to pick some natural cleaning agents that you can use as a glass cleaner.
Here are some of the homemade glass cleaners recipes that you can use:
Use of Vinegar
Vinegar can be an effective and safe cleaner for your glass windows because it is acidic. Its acidic nature can dissolve dirt, mineral deposits, and grease, and it is also strong enough to kill bacteria. It can also eliminate soap scum, oil, and other grime from window panes.
Many homeowners are using this compound in place of many commercial cleaners. This is because it’s non-toxic, inexpensive, and readily available at any supermarket or grocery store. However, vinegar has a distinct smell that you may or may not want to include in cleaning your windows, but it is safe for most people.
- Mix 1/4 cup of white vinegar with 1 gallon of warm water
- Soak a cloth in the mixture and wring it out so that it’s damp but not dripping wet
- Wipe down the glass, starting from one corner and moving to another
- If there are any streaks left behind, rinse off the cloth in clean water and wipe them away
- Dry off all surfaces with newspaper before you move on to another windowpane.
Apply Mixture of Baking Soda and Water
Baking soda is not only good for cooking, but it can also be an excellent cleaning agent. Like vinegar, it can dissolve organic matter sticking into the glass. Additionally, the structure of the baking soda particle provides a gentle abrasive that can break the dirt, leaving it clean without scratching the glass.
- Mix an equal quantity of baking soda and water to make a paste.
- Scrub the mixture in the cloudy glass using a piece of fabric.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Damp a clean cloth or sponge in hot water to scrub the dry paste.
- Rinse it with clean water
- Dry the glass with a newspaper.
Use Vinegar and Lemon with dish soap.
- Fill a bowl with water and dish soap
- Dip the cloth in the soapy water
- Rub the glass with the wet cloth to clean and soften the stubborn dirt
- Rinse out your cloth after each swipe on the window
- Use vinegar mixed with lemon juice for stubborn stains or dirt that won’t come off easily.
- Let sit for 20 minutes before wiping clean again.
Tip: For windows that are too high to reach, use a squeegee to wipe them down instead of a rag or towel.
Dish soap alone can be a good cleaner for glass windows and doors. However, if not appropriately rinsed, some soap may be left, making the glass more cloudy. So make sure you have examined every spot and make sure to wipe the moisture with a newspaper.
Rubbing Alcohol and Vinegar
Rubbing alcohol is another great way to remove stains from windows. Rubbing alcohol is a great way to help you get those tough stains off your glass surfaces. It’s versatile, too, as it can be mixed into other cleaning solutions or used as an after-cleaning rinse for last-minute touchups!
- Prepare 1 cup of rubbing alcohol and the same amount of water. Then add a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Pour it into an empty bottle with a sprayer.
- Spray it into the glass.
- Use a clean cloth or newspaper to spread the mixture or wipe it out.
This mixture is also beneficial when cleaning mirrors in the bathroom or bedroom. It will restore the original shine of the glass or mirror.
There are a lot of ways on how to clean cloudy glass windows or doors. There are ready-made cleaners available in the hardware, but they are a bit pricey. The other option would be to make your glass cleaner using the ingredients available in your kitchen.
Keeping your window or door glass clean and clear is necessary; otherwise, when the dirt stays longer, it would be hard to remove them, or worse, you can’t restore its clearness. If such is the case, you will need a new one and replace your glass window or door.
One Day Glass has a complete list of glass types and is high in quality. We can customize them and design them according to your requirements and preference.
Contact us today for a free quotation!