What are the standard tolerances for the cut glass?
We Follow the industry-wide accepted tolerance
Summary of Glass Fabrication Capabilities:
- All confirmed sizes are subject to building tolerances of up to +/- 1/16″ for 1/8″, 3/16″, and 1/4″. All confirmed sizes are subject to building tolerances of up to +/- 1/8″ for 3/8″ and 1/2″. This includes side shift on laminated products.
- Clams of up to 3/16″ allowed on raw and seamed edges.
- Flares of up to 1/16″ allowed on raw and seamed edges.
- Ground or polished edges must be free of defects.
- Hole, hinge and notch locations +/- 1/16″.
- Diagonal tolerance +/- 1/8″.
- Chips around a hole are allowed if they are equal to or less than the thickness of the glass measured parallel to the hole and half the thickness of the glass measured perpendicular to the hole.
- Plug Cut-Outs, Corner Notches, Edge Notches or any square cut out will require a radius corner that is at least the thickness of the glass.
- All pieces are made without a logo as a default. If a Logo is required, it must be specifically requested by the customer.
- Unless Specified, the logo location will be placed at Peninsula Glass discretion. Undesired logo location will not warrant a remake.
- Fabrication does not have finished edges. This includes, inside cut-outs, holes, hinge cut-outs, u-clip cut-outs, and plug cut-outs. Seamed edge tolerances will apply to fabrication.